Many highlights of the 2019 Edition of EBS:
- EU-Africa Business Summit: Brussels Roundtable: A roundtable focusing on the new perspectives on Economic relations between African countries and the European Union
- Brexit: What Happened and What’s Next?: A session featuring Sir Simon Fraser extending his expertise and critical point of view
- New Visions and Alliances: An unique conversation with Vilius Sapoka, Minister of Finance of Lithuania and Kristian Jensen, Minister of Finance of Denmark
- The Belt and Road Initiative 6 years on Towards Higher Quality Development: China and Europe, each located at one end of the Silk Road, are natural partners on the Belt and Road Initiative
- High-Level Debate: Europe is Voting: Make it Your Business organised by BusinessEurope
- The Future of Transatlantic Economic Relations with his Excellency Ambassador Gordon Sondland
- Vision of Tomorrow’s leaders: EBS Publications featuring high-level female speakers
The EBS Research Hub is pleased to share its latest publication entitled: Ethics of Using Smart City AI and Big Data: The Case of Four Large European Cities, co-authored with Mark Ryan from the University of Twente in the Netherlands. It was published in the Orbit Journal which focuses on Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) to ensure the sustainability, acceptability and desirability of research processes and outputs.
The case study offers valuable insights into the development of smart cities in a European context: including the use and implementation of SIS in urban environments, what kinds of ethical issues are evaluated in the literature and how they contrast and diverge from those faced by professionals in practice. It is hoped that this case study will offer practitioners, policymakers, smart city organisations, and private ICT companies interesting observations about a more ethically-responsible approach towards SIS implementation in smart city projects.
Click here to read the full paper: https://www.orbit-rri.org/ojs/index.php/orbit/article/view/110
Our annual event about energy is fast approaching. The 5th edition of EU Energy will take place at the prestigious Egmont Palace on 5 March 2019
The main topic of this year’s event, co-organized by EBS, is ‘the Role and Position of Energy in the Context of the EU longterm decarbonisation Strategy’.
Since decarbonisation is quickly becoming one of the most important mandates globally, it is crucial that EU industries translate the European objectives into `sectorial goals and identify the technological and policy levers to reach them. This will require a certain level of cross-sector cooperation and coordination – which is why it is crucial to discuss these issues. The EU Energy Summit provides both policymakers and business leaders the opportunity to voice their views and concerns for the future of Europe.
The four plenary sessions will discuss if the sectorial integration is a necessary path to decarbonisation.
To know more about the EU Energy Summit or other EBS events, visit our website at http://www.ebsummit.eu/
2019 is a year of change.
European Business Summit is proud to announce Tomorrow’s Europe as the theme of its 2019 edition.
Europe is at a crossroads, its time to choose between how to compete within a globalized economy and guarantee its own socio-economic model, between austerity and inclusive growth, and between digital development and job security.
With the European elections and Brexit looming, now is the time to take stock of where Europe stands and to project where we see Europe progressing in the next 5 years.
EBS 2019 speakers will engage with the audience to provoke meaningful discussions around the key issue shaping the future of tomorrow’s Europe.
Would you like to partner with us for EBS 2019? Please contact our Partnership Managers at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the programme of the event, please contact Charlotte Brett at email@example.com
The European Business Summit had the pleasure to organise the Back from Davos event on Monday 28 January 2019 with EU Commissioner Carlos Moedas. The Commissioner, interviewed by Dan Michaels (the Wall Street Journal), offered our guests his takeaways from the World Economic Forum in Davos. Back from Davos participants discussed new global trends, challenges and opportunities impacting tomorrow’s Europe including the General Data Protection Regulation, artificial intelligence, climate change and technological innovation.
Are you interested in partnering with us for the next edition of Back from Davos? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Our annual by-invitation-only event, Back From Davos returns for it’s 5th edition on January 28th. This year’s evening discussion features EU Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, Carlos Moedas.
Back from Davos is an exclusive, by invitation-only annual evening discussion, where EU and national policymakers, business leaders and civil society representatives exchange views on key takeaways from the World Economic Forum that taking place on 22-25 January in Davos.
Back from Davos is held at the Circle de Lorraine in Brussels from 17:30-20:30.
To learn more about the event you can visit our website at: http://ebsummit.eu/davos
The 3rd Edition of Think Digital took place yesterday in the Egmont Palace.
ThinkDigital provides the platform all the participants to take part in high-level discussions with our speakers.
The panel discussions were inspiring and shed new light on the ‘hot topics’ of digital such as health data, Artificial Intelligence, cybersecurity and how businesses in the digital sector can embody the SDG’s.
During the day, the coffee breaks and lunch provided the opportunity for both speakers and participants to share thoughts about the sessions and to make new contacts in this ever-changing sector.
We would like to thank all of the participants and speakers who came yesterday, to listen and share your thoughts.
We also would like to thank our partners: Tata Consultancy Services, BSA The Software Alliance, Orange, EFPIA, Copenhagen Economics, ETNO, UFO Drive and Euractiv for their support of Think Digital 2018!
We hope to see you all next year for the 4th edition.
Join us on November 20th to debate digitalisation with the key players from the industry! ThinkDigital’s third edition will discuss:
– Realising The Potential Of Health Data
– Ethical And Social Implications Of Artificial Intelligence
– Fostering Trust in the Digital Era
– How The Digital Industry Can Achieve The Sustainable Development Goals?
Once again EBS has enjoyed wide media coverage by some of the most prestigious international outlets.
Find out what made the headlines around the world!
- THE NEW YORK TIMES: EUROPE CAN EXPECT ONLY MODEST TRADE DEAL WITH U.S.-EU TRADE CHIEF
- NEWSWEEK: U.S. IS NOW EUROPE’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE, SAYS EU LEADER
- EL ECONOMISTA: CRIPTOMONDEAS MEJORARIAN INCLUSION EMPRESARIOS EUROPEOS
- FINANCIAL TIMES: TRUMP CAR TARIFF THREAT PROMPTS GLOBAL CONDEMNATION
- EURONEWS: BUSINESS TRENDS 2018: EUROPEAN INNOVATORS GIVE THEIR INSIGHT AT EBS
- EURACTIV: EUROPE’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE NOW COMES FROM THE US, TIMMERMANS SAYS
- EUROPEAN BUSINESS REVIEW: EUROPE’S POLITICAL AND BUSINESS LEADERS ASSEMBLE TO FORGE A NEW VISION FOR EUROPE
- EURONEWS: EUROPEAN LEADERSHIP AWARDS: MEET THE WINNERS
- THE PARLIAMENT MAGAZINE: EUROPEAN BUSINESS SUMMIT: WHAT’S NEXT FOR EUROPE?
- BUSINESSNEWS: EBR: ΓΙΑ 8Η ΣΥΝΕΧΉ ΧΡΟΝΙΆ ΣΤΟ EUROPEAN BUSINESS SUMMIT
- EURACTIV: UK “WORKING ON TWO VERSIONS” OF CUSTOMS PACT, SAYS HAMMOND